written by God from the rift forums
This will be a short guide on how to raid as a Ranger/MM. This play-style focuses on heavy ranged physical damage and the utility of your pet. This build is meant strictly for DPS and outside of that brings minimal utility to the raid, however, this build should be one of the top DPS builds out of any calling/class.
Optimal Build for Single-Target DPS: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M…V0x
This build will utilize either the Dire Wolf or Razorbeast, if anyone knows which is better please let me know and I will update this section.
How to DPS – Single Target
>First and foremost understand that you are a ranged class, you should try to stay at max range during boss fights and within range of the healers. Your top priority is to stay alive so you can DPS, a dead DPS is no DPS. With that I will explain here how to DPS, this is all subject to change in the future and open to criticism and suggestions.
This build uses a priority system to DPS and you must keep certain abilities up if you want to do as much DPS as possible.
Abilities to Maintain – Priority System
1 – Beastial Fury via Head Shot – 5% Damage for you and your pet use at 5 CP’s to increase for 60 Seconds
2 – Rapid Fire Shot – Increases Attack Speed by 30% use at 5CP’s to increase for 60 Seconds
3 – Piercing Shot – Awards 1 CP and Reduces Targets Armor for 15 Seconds
4 – Shadow Fire – Awards 2 CP and Increases Attack Speed by 20% for 10 Seconds
5- Splinter Shot – Awards 2 CP and causes the target to Bleed (Increases pet’s damage by 10% via Blood Rage)
5 – Deadeye Shot – Use at 5 CP’s deals the most damage
6 – Empowered Shot – Awards 2 CP deals the most damage
Starting DPS Rotation
Check-List before starting fight: Pet is out, Feral Instinct’s is on, Marksman Pedestal is down, I am at max range and within healer range
1 – Piercing Shot – Awards 1 CP
2 – Shadow Fire – Awards 2 CP
3- Splinter Shot – Awards 2 CP
4 – Head Shot – Now you have 5CP to use this.
Check to see that Piercing Shot, Shadow Fire, and Splinter Shot are still up, if not use one of them. If Piercing, Shadow, and Splinter Shot are up, use Empowered Shot and then back to Steps 1 to 3 till you have 5 CP’s.
At 5 CP’s use Rapid Fire Shot, as seen under the priority list. From this point on stick to the priority list and use your Cooldown’s when you can.
Cooldowns to Use
– Feral Instinct – 3% Crit for you and pet, use before fight
– Hit and Run – A maneuver that allows the execution of ranged Auto Attacks while moving, causes Empowered Shot and Deadeye Shot to become instant cast and causes Empowered Shot to have no cooldown. Lasts 15 seconds.Use this after Step 4 under Priorities
– Marksman’s Pedestal – Creates a pedestal at the Rogue’s location for 3 minutes. The pedestal increases the Rogue’s damage with ranged weapons by 10%. You can only have 1 pedestal active at a time. Use when you position yourself for the boss fight.
– Divert Rage – All threat generated is transferred to the Rogue’s pet for 10 seconds. Use in emergency cases only when you have no choice. You should watch your threat and if you lose it allow your tank to pick it up.
– Bull’s Eye – Causes the outcome of the next Marksman’s damaging ability to be a Critical Hit. This ability does not trigger global cooldown. Use with 5 CP Deadeye Shot with all buffs/debuffs active.
– Hellfire Blades – The Rogue enchants their weapons with Fire, and each weapon attack has a 20% chance to deal 9 Fire damage. Lasts 1 hour. Only 2 weapon enchantments can be applied at a time. Use before the fight starts, place it on your ranged weapon.
How to DPS – Multiple Targets
1 – Lightning Fury – The Rogue fires lightning-charged projectiles to the enemy and up to 3 other enemies around it, dealing weapon plus 59 to 62 Air damage. Affected enemies become vulnerable, increasing damage taken by 10% for 10 seconds.
2 – Trick Shot – A ranged attack that ricochets across 5 enemies, dealing weapon plus 31 to 34 Physical damage. Awards 1 Combo Point.
3 – Weapon Flare – A fiery attack that deals weapon plus 16 to 19 Fire damage to the enemy and up to 8 enemies around it.
Updates and Revisions can be found at the author’s post.