All credit to the original author(s)
World of Warcraft Cataclysm is going to be different from the world today. Run this emulator sandbox, to get a sneak peek view of the new world of Azeroth, as it will be tomorrow. Yes, it’s a bit buggy, but thats both due to the nature of an Alpha release of the game, as well as because of the sandbox emulator itself. Make sure you read the notes below, it will save you some hassles later on.
Instructions to install the WoW Cataclysm Sandbox Emulator
- Make sure you have WoW US Client installed on Patch 3.3.3
- Link: http://www.4shared.com/file/x6S32nyz/InstallWoW.html
- Download the Cataclysm Installer
- Link: http://www.4shared.com/file/qnxcI4Ae/Cataclysm_Pre-Release_11927_en.html
- Install it:
- Download the sandbox
- Link: http://www.4shared.com/file/zO9ZjshE/SandBoxexe.html
- Launch sandbox.exe
- Set your realmlist to 127.0.0.1
- Connect with any username/password
- Flying for long, will cause a crash
- Don’t create a Tauren. Keep original race/classes together. Don’t make a human hunter. Don’t make a goblin nor a worgen. All of these will cause a crash.
- This only works for enUS, if you are using a different one, you will need to install the whole game with enUS (see first link). You may be able to rename files from enGB to enUS to get this too work, but this is unverified.
- You need to go into your cataclysm folder and look for a folder named Data, then go to a folder named enUS, then look for a file named realmlist.wtf. You need to change the realm to 127.0.0.1 and then run sandbox, and then run the wow.exe.
- Type .h for simple commands
- This is mainly to look at the terrain, not to actually play. It’s only a sandbox afterall.
- You might be able to use the WoW Machinima Tool, but that’s unverified.
Just a little reminder, WoW Cataclysm is coming out within a few more months. Preorder your copy today. Also, if you aren’t yet level 80, go to UberWoW and get a powerleveling package, to raise you, and prepare you for the new expansion.